Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The things that keep me up at night...

I did indeed start writing the next installment. Here's a quick preview of it. Remember, it may be liable to some changes later:

"Nyx." She shook the girl's shoulder lightly. "Nyx. Wake up."

A groan. Nyx shifted so that her face turned into the pillow, away from Elmiryn. "Mmmrph."

Elmiryn rolled her eyes to the ceiling. "How is it that I'm awake before you are?"

"You're right." Nyx mumbled, turning her head enough to offer a sleepy glare. "You should correct this grievous mistake and get back into bed. You ought to be hung over worse than a opossum."

"What does a opossum have to do with it?"

"Go back to sleep and I'll tell you."

"You can't tell me if I go back to sleep."

"That's the idea."

Elmiryn's shoulders shook with laughter as she tried to keep quiet. The battling suns had barely colored the sky with their blood. The streets were still delicate in quiet. There was not a person stirring in the inn. Elmiryn shook Nyx's shoulder again. "Hey, c'mon. Get up. Seriously. I'm not beyond dragging you out of here."

Nyx whined and hid her head under the blanket. "You always come with the same threat."

"I didn't know I was being judged on creativity."


I might've even finished the chapter last night if I hadn't gotten distracted doing this video:




I've become some sort of Xena Warrior Princess geek. When the hell did THAT happen?

Oh, and just to let you all know, I also did some editing to recent chapters. Again, like the first chapter, I was just trying to make it more streamlined. Less "telling" more "showing"...yadda, yadda, yadda. Before anyone points it out, I'd just like to say that I realize there's been a mistake in the recent chapter. I think I mentioned Nyx and Elmiryn's room only having one bed, but when they finally go there I suddenly say there are two. I'll be correcting this, don't worry.

No comments: